My latest obsession at the moment has the the store Lush and many of it’s products. Lush is most known for it’s amazingly cool bath bombs with beautiful aromas. So when I came across this Pin I thought I’d give it a go.
I found instructions on: http://diyready.com/how-to-make-diy-bath-bombs/ So let’s get straight into it!
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup Epsom salts
- 1 tsp. water
- 2 tsp. essential oil
- 3 tsp. oil (olive oil)
- food colouring (any colour you want, but I choose blue)
- bath bomb mold
- Put all your dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk them evenly.
- In a different container, add all your liquid ingredients and mix them together.
- Put a small amount of your liquid mixture to your dry ingredients and mix it thoroughly. Mix until all the liquid has been absorbed by your dry ingredients. Continue adding small amounts of the liquid mixture until you’ve used it all up.
- Now that you’ve mixed all the ingredients together, time to put it in the mold. Put a little more than what your mold can hold on both sides and press them together until it clips. You’d want to put more so your mixture get pressed together making it solid.
- Once it’s pressed, gently tap it with a spoon to loosen your bath bomb.
- Let your bath bomb dry out for a couple days, then your done and can use it any time you please.
I made a couple bath bombs but I only took a photo of this one because it was almost perfect looking in shape and colour. The scent isn’t the same as the amazing Lush products, but what did I expect? All in all they turned out pretty well and would pair up perfectly with the face scrub as a gift to someone.
If you have any ideas or suggestions comment on this post and I’ll see if I can do it. Come back soon to check my next post.
-The Pin Tester